Hello! My name is Raed and I am currently a final-year student at University College London studying Economics. If I were to describe myself with three words, they'd be: Adaptive, resilient, and innovative.
- Part-time Education Consultant in Pakistan: Assist students to get into top tier universities like UCL, LSE, and NYU by editing their personal statements and preparing them for interviewers
- Social Media Manager for education startup: Content advisory and creation to reach target audiences
- Founder of UniJao, a college essays website: Designed a website to help students gain access to essays written by students accepted to colleges worldwide
- Internship with UCL Department of Economics: Reviewed the online-learning teaching and delivery in 2020/21 by conducting focus groups and reporting my findings to heads of department
- Internship with Ernst & Young Assurance: Worked on Excel frequently to perform test of controls while auditing firms; Interviewed management to gather information about legal, charitable, and HR-related practices and compiled a report for it
- Founder of Keano, an eco-friendly e-comm startup: Ran a business in Pakistan selling reusable alternatives to plastic like straws, tote bags, and toothbrushes.
- Website Design: I'm proficient with platforms like Squarespace and wix.com, and intermediate at HTML/CSS
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and their Microsoft counterparts: I've worked in consulting and finance thus polishing both skills
- Proofreading and Editing: I've helped students refine their personal statements to get them into both undergraduate and graduate programs in fields ranging from chem engineering to law
- Content Creation: I've gained proficiency in Canva and Photopea (Photoshop alternative) having worked as a social media manager for two start-ups
- Article/Blog Writing: I've written for multiple Pakistani magazines on topics ranging from economics to education, and am currently enrolled in a journalism programme with the University of North Carolina.
If you would like to schedule a chat with me please book a time with me here
I look forward to working with you soon!