Hi! I’m Arthur, I’m a final year Product Design student studying at the university of Leeds.
I’ve just returned from a 15-month industry placement at Solid Solutions working as an Applications Engineer, and I’m looking to gain further experience.
I am technical focused creative, with a keen sense for time management and organisation. My passion is inclusive, human-centred and providing innovative solutions to novel problems. I pride myself on being quick-learning, and I love tackling new challenges.
I am a Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert (CSWE), having worked a 15-month placement both providing technical support to and teaching industry users of the software. I am able to provide support with modelling queries and technical issues, as well as helping you translate 2D sketches to 3D CAD models. (Please note: Due to how licensing for SOLIDWORKS operates any work would have to be done on a license owned by your company)
I have 3 years of university and industry experience rendering 3D CAD models in KeyShot. I can fully render models with texture, lighting and background scenery to highlight your products and create marketing material.
Adobe Creative Suite
I have experience using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator throughout University and personal projects. I have proficiency in creating logos, graphics and infographics in Illustrator, editing images in Photoshop and creating layouts for newsletter, portfolios and magazines in InDesign. Using these skills, I can create custom assets and consistent final products for your company.
I have completed beginner and intermediate courses in Excel from Macquarie University, and can assist with both the creation of documents and data. I am also proficient in Word, PowerPoint and their google counterparts, being able to create professional documents within both.
I have worked multiple customer-facing jobs, including a year working on a support desk assisting with SOLIDWORKS technical issues. This has given me adept problem solving and customer interaction skills, helping me to ensure the customer always leaves happy.
Proofreading and Editing
I have a keen eye for spelling, grammar, formatting and accuracy, having assisted with the writing of many CVs, cover letters and more. I’d be more than happy to read through drafts to provide feedback and changes.
Applications Engineer (Solid Solutions)
- Interacted with customers over the phone on a daily basis, aiding with technical and engineering issues using SOLIDWORKS and related software.
- Delivered in person courses to classes of up to 10 industry professionals on the use of SOLIDWORKS.
- Produced marketing content in the form of videos for the companies’ online and internal platforms.
Woodworking / Boys’ Counsellor (Southwoods Summer Camp)
- Organised and planned a curriculum teaching woodworking to children of ages 7 to 14.
- Became accustomed to working in a close-knit team with 3 other counsellors.
- Took charge of and led groups of up to 10 children and adhered to strong safety guidelines.
- Managed schedules 6 days a week - both for myself and for my campers.
Bar Staff / Waiter (The Highlands Inn)
- Coordinated planning via taking bookings for over 20 tables and stock management.
- Refined communication and team skills in an often busy and loud environment.
- Provided excellent customer service.
I Look forward to hearing from you!