I studied History at the University of Warwick, achieving a 1st and I am commencing a US History and Politics MA at UCL.
Deputy field officer in a Democratic Congressional Campaign, 2018 US Midterm Elections
- Developed efficiency at wide scale communication, and succinctly expressing information.
- Promotion for events
- Volunteer recruitment
- Daily admin tasks of a congressional campaign, including one on one communication with colleagues, volunteers, and voters, data input and analysis.
- Furthering my interest in both government and politics, as well as activism and social movements in both the UK and US.
Charity, Communication and Welfare officer for Warwick University Athletics Club
- Managing emails, including weekly updates and promotion of special events.
- Regular social media posts
- Communication with charities and companies for events and fund-raising
- Developed my ability to write for a variety of audiences, and efficiency at administration tasks.
- Extensive essay writing, my course also focused on 'accessible writing' which included learning to write public history for blogs or journals.
- Developed the ability to write in both professional and academic prose as well as produce engaging content.
- Adept at extensive independent research, becoming efficient and fast at sourcing, processing and evaluating information.
- Dissertation, exploring narratives following the 1992 Rodney King rebellion, honed my research ability in a variety of mediums, including government data, newspapers, media, and in music.
- Recommendation to publish my dissertation, for which I achieved 82%, was based upon the success of my broad and thorough investigation and the strength and skill of the writing which was commended.
Personal Skills and Interests
Strong personal interest and passion for social justice and politics
- Consistent campaigning and political activism, developing communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely knowledgeable and literate around political and social issues
- Canvassing experience, over the phone and face to face.
- Ran social media accounts for MP's election campaigns in 2017.
I am a hardworking and organised individual that is able to work independently whilst also responding well to guidance and communication in a personable and approachable style. The commitment I bring to tasks is a significant strength, completing work to a high standard in an efficient and thorough manner.