Hi, I'm Alice, a second year art history student at the University of Birmingham. I have a dual nationality and am fluent in French.
LK BENNETT - Sales assistant
- this role enabled me to gain confidence when advising a variety of customers as well as helping them with any issues or queries they may have had. It also helped me obtain time management skills as I had to balance this with school as well as other extra curricular activities. Gaining these transferable qualities has meant I have been able to make use of them in other jobs as well as everyday life.
THE HOLT SCHOOL - Library assistant, languages club leader
- In my role as a library assistant, I helped with keeping order within the building as well as using a computer system to stay organised. As a leading figure of the languages club, I had to create activities that were engaging for a specific target audience and that explored different cultures and languages. In both of these positions, I gained qualities that led me to be authoritative and disciplined as well as creating engaging and educational content.
NATIONAL ICE CENTRE - Merchandise sales assistant
- Here I was able to build on the skills I had already obtained whilst working in retail as well as dealing with a different and more varied customers.
THB INSURANCE": Work Experience
- I spent some time learning about the world of insurance brokering and understanding the skills required to be employed in this industry. I was guided by a mentor during my time there and was shown how to maintain a good relationship with a client as well as creating new ones.
ART HISTORY SOCIETY" - Formal social secretary
- I was elected as the formal social secretary for my society and organised a formal event during my time in this role. I was entrusted with the task of designing the advertising posters for the ball as well as organising the evening and arranging the rooms hired. Moreover, the posters designed were used in the promotion of this event on social media.
THE GOLOVINE": co-writer
- I assisted in the writing of an article about women in the art sector for my university's art paper and blog.
Photoshop / Illustrator
Arts / Culture
Investment / Finance
Health / Wellbeing
Policy / Law
Sports / Outdoors
Startups / Entrepreneurship
Travel / Cuisine
NGOs / Activism
Environment / Sustainability