Hello! I am an undergraduate in my final year at Newcastle University studying Business Management with Politics. I am highly independent, reliable and a true optimiser with sharp cognitive skills who is quick to dynamically adapt to new tasks, utilising my creativity to achieve the best possible results. I have had ranging opportunities to build a plethora of transferable skills.
1. Internship: marketing, social media, administration, customer service:
I engaged in ranging aspects of daily work across 3 months including:
- Creating and organising excel spreadsheets related to press and pop-up events.
- Communication with influencers utilising social media to share samples and build brand awareness.
- Assisting organising worldwide shipments of products, fulfilling orders, ensuring that customer requirements had been met in relation to bespoke requests.
-Dealt with challenges in a timely manner when co-ordinating problems in arrivals of large international deliveries.
- Arranged a new inventory of products which was well co-ordinated with relevant SKU codes that synchronised with Shopify to ensure an efficient and coherent system was in place.
- Dealt with customer requests, questions and problems through varied communication channels, over the phone, email, in person.
- independently oversaw a 'pop-up', where I engaged in sales; responding to questions about products and deliveries; as well as any problems or bespoke requests.
2. Volunteer:sustainability, customer service
Volunteering role once a week alongside being at University. The Project has created a 'not for profit food waste hub', as part of the larger organisation BIND, aiming to change behaviour towards food waste in the North East. This has allowed me to widen my knowledge and conscience towards ensuring efficiency from a sustainability perspective.
3. Volunteer Teacher: English
I took over a full time teaching role for 3 weeks at a small charity funded school. I was involved in lesson planning for students ranging from age 6-17, assisting in providing extra lessons to help those aiming to apply to university that year. Continued my growth in creative spoken and written communication.
4. Front of House and Business Development:Customer service, Social Media, Marketing, Business Development
- My primary role was working front of house at a popular restaurant/cafe, key development of customer service skills.
- Involvement in focused meetings regarding marketing, promotions, and future development of the café as a whole as to maximise revenues, which led to a brand restructuring.
- Social Media Contributions